District Info/Public Notices/Right-to-Know

How to Communicate a Question or Concern
There are times when a parent, resident or taxpayer may have a question, concern, complaint, suggestion or request and is uncertain as to the procedure to follow in contacting the school district. Many parental questions are easily and completely answered by communicating directly with the educator in charge of the class or program. The Parent and Community Communication Process Flow Chart Chain of Command should be of assistance when addressing each situation. Each situation should first be addressed at whatever level the initial action was taken with appeals moving on to the next level on the chain of command.

Occasionally, a parent, resident, or taxpayers will call school board directors in an attempt to obtain an answer to their questions or concerns. Upon receiving such a call, the board director calls the district superintendent. The district superintendent must then call the building principal to inform him or her of the problem or concern. The principal will then research the concern and communicate with the parent.  Therefore, it is wise that you first call the teacher, counselor or principal so that he or she can respond without any undue delay. It is important to note that the board directors only have authority at legally convened meetings and direct the school administration to handle matters.

Contact information for staff members is available on the staff section of the district website, or by clicking directly on the flow chart below.