CHECK SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES- SOME SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL A LATER DATE.
2. QuestBridge's National College Match pairs outstanding high school seniors with admission and full four-year scholarships to some of the country's leading colleges. This is based on Finanical need. Apply online at www.questbridge.org. Applications due by September, 30 , 2012.
3. The First Freedom Center announces the 18th annual First Freedom Student Competition. This national essay contest offers 9th - 12th grade students an opportunity to compete for a $3,000, $1,500 and $750 award, as they examine the history and implementation of religious freedom-the freedom of conscience-in American democracy and the world today. This year we are going global, as the topic asks students to write about international religious freedom. Students will be introduced to Article 18 of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Eleanor Roosevelt, and the place of religious liberty in U.S. history and foreign policy. The task will challenge their analytic writing skills and require them to assess current-day events in terms of international human rights and history. (Model UN sponsors may find this topic of particular interest, as well.) For the topic, guidelines, registration, classroom poster, student flyer and other details, visit www.firstfreedom.org, and then click on the red First Freedom Student Competition button (center column).
4. Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship- this scholarship is for senior student athletes. Apply at www.wendysheisman.com Deadline Oct. 1, 2012.
5. Engineering Scholarships SAE 2011- various Engineering scholarships information available at www.sae.org/students/engschlr.htm. Deadline Dec. 1, 2012.
6. The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards- To apply:
- Visit http://spirit.prudential.com orwww.principals.org/prudential, (access key: spirit) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you have completed your online application, print it out, sign it, and have a parent sign it.
- Submit you printed application to Mrs. Kozak. One person from our high school will be selected by the scholarship committee and their application will be forward to the state-level. Deadline November 2, 2012
7. The AXA Achievement Scholarship- go to www.axa-achievement.com to learn more about the scholarship and to download an application. Deadline December 15, 2012.
8. Pencon Foundation 2011 Scholarship- Download the applicaton packet from www.pencon.org/foundation.html. Deadline Feb. 10, 2013.
9. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation is awarding $3 million a year in scholarships to 250 deserving students. For information go to www.coca-colascholars.org. Deadline to apply October 31, 2012.
10. Pennsylvania Elks Scholarship- online at http://www.elks.org/you will find a downloadable application for the Elks National Foundation 2011 Most Valuable Student Scholarship on this website.
11. 2012 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest- This contest is for grades 9 - 12. All students must register online at www.jfklibrary.org.
12. BIG 33 SCHOLARSHIPS- For information and applications http://www.big33.org/. Applications accepted from November 1, 2012 to Febrauary 1, 2013.
13. THE GARDEN CLUB OF JOHNSTOWN- SCHOLARSHIPS- Information available at http://www.pagardenclubs.org/. Deadline Feb. 15, 2013. Scholarships are available to students who plan to further their education in Horticulture, Floriculture, Landscape Architecture, Conservation, Forestry, Biology, Botany, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Environmental Control, City Planning, Land Management and/or allied subjects.
14. KFC Colonel's Scholars Program- Information and application online at www.kfcscholars.org. The online application will be available from Dec. 1, 2012 through Feb. 10, 2013.
15. FirstEnergy- POWER SYSTEMS INSTITUTE- If you qualify for the program you receive free tuition, including college fees, books and required protective clothing, plus a guaranteed job after graduation. For more information visit http://www.firstenergycorp.com/, click on Career Center, and then Technical Training.
16. 12th Annual "Scholar Athlete Milk Mustache of the Year" (SAMMY)-
Outstanding senior student athlete may apply at http://www.sammy.bodybymilk.com/ Deadline: March 5, 2013.
17. BURGER KING SCHOLARS PROGRAM- seniors log on at www.bk.com/scholarsto apply. Deadline Feb. 15, 2013. Must have a QPA of at least 2.5 and work part-time an average of 15 hours per week, 40 weeks per year.
18. JUNIORS- KEYSTONE BOYS STATE- In June at Shippensburg University- All expense trip for one week to study government and leadership skills sponsored by the American Legion.
19. JUNIORS- STATE POLICE YOUTH WEEK- In June at Scotland School, Scotland, Pennsylvania- All expense trip for one week to study procedure, policies, and exercises in police training.
20. PSECU's Scholarship- A senior must be a PSECU member by Friday, December 28, 2012. Visit psecu.com/student for more information.
21. EPILEPSY FOUNDATION WESTERN/CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA SCHOLARSHIP- Senior must have a diagnosis of epilepsy/seizure disorder: this must be confirmed by a statement from the applicants's physician. Deadline March 31, 2013.
22 .OUTSTANDING YOUNG WOMAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM- This is for Junior girls. Deadline November 1, 2012. Applications and information available in guidance office.
23. SCA Conservation Crew- High school conservation crews work at National Parks in the summer. Information available http://www.thesca.org/.
24. The Pennsylvania JCI Senate annually sponsors a scholarship program for senior students who are residents of Pennsylvania. The scholarship application is available online at : www.usjcisenate.org Deadline January 5, 2013.
25. AIR FORCE ACADEMY SUMMER SENINAR FOR HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS- apply online at: http://www.academyadmissions.com/. Applications are accepted between January 1, 2013 and March 15, 2013.
26. SAM WALTON COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP- Available at http://www.walmartfoundation.org/. The deadline to apply is Jan. 13, 2013.
27. MASONIC SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCE GUIDE- (available in guidance office) Scholarship, grant, and loan opportunities primarily for Masons, their siblings, children, grandchildren, and members of Masonic-related youth groups.
28. AFA TEENS- ALZHEIMER'S FOUNDATION OF AMERICA SCHOLARSHIP- Applications and informaton at http://www.afateens.org/. Deadline in Feb. 15, 2013.
29. PENNSYLVANIA BURGLAR & FIRE ALARM ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP-For children of law enforcement and fire service personnel. Essay required. Deadline February 15, 2013. Applications available in guidance office.
30. BEST BUY SCHOLARSHIP-apply at www.bestbuy.com/scholarshipsby February 15, 2013.
31. MOODY'S MEGA MATH CHALLENGE- Real-world math competition open to high school juniors and seniors. Challenge weekend: March 2013. Registration forms and guidelines, sample problems are available at www.m3challenge.siam.org
32. EDGAR SNYDER & ASSOCIATES "WORDS TO BE HEARD" SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST - 1,500 to 2,000 word proposal for a program discouraging underage drinking. Deadline Feb 28, 2013. Information in guidance office. Applications at www.edgarsnyder.com
33. REA ENERGY COOPERATIVE- A local rural electric utility company in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Rural Electric Association, is offering an exciting experience to high school juniors. They are offering a YOUTH TOUR IN WASHINGTON D.C.! Glendale is permitted to recommend students whose parents or guardians are REA members to participate in the competition. If interested, please stop in the guidance office to sign up no later than Feb. 13, 2013.
34. PACB SCHOLARSHIP- The Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers has a scholarship for children of PACB member institutions' employees and directors. The Scholarships are available to high school seniors who are planning to attend an accredited college, university, or community college on a full time basis. Applications are available in the high school guidance office. Deadline Feb. 20, 2013.
35. WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA TRIAL LAWYERS ASSOCIATION ESSAY CONTEST- A topic will be presented and students must write an essay to debate the legal issues involed. Deadline March 19, 2013. Information in guidance office.
36. PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOL PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATION (PenSPRA) SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST- Scholarships will be awarded to six worthy high school students who plan to pursue a career in a communications field (i.e. journalism, English, public relations, advertising, graphic arts, etc.) Each scholarship is worth $500. Deadline is March 13, 2013. Entry form and contest rules are available at www.penspra.org.
37. JANICE M. SCOTT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP- Must be a senior planning on attending an accredited four-year college, have a GPA of at least 2.5, must demonstrate leadership abilities through participation in community services, extra curricular and other activities. Essay required. Information available at www.newsholic.net/2008/11/2009-scholarship-by-janice-m-scott-memorial-fund/ Deadline March 31, 2013.
38. DEVON SCHOLARS SCHOLARSHIP- Offered to high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare industry. Applications are available online at: www.devonhealth.com. Deadline April 11, 2013.
39. KIDS' CHANCE OF PENNSYLVANIA- Provides college and vocational school scholarship grants to children of Pennsylvania workers who have been killed or seriously injured in a work-related accident resulting in financial need. Applications and information at www.kidschanceofpa.org. Deadline April 14, 2013.
40. PAMS (PENNSYLVANIA ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL SUPPLIERS)- Will offer a scholarship to a deserving student who has overcome physical challenges with the help of home medical equipment and supplies. Applications available in the high school guidance office. Deadline April 3, 2013.
41. The PAEOP (Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals) awards the Hermine Solt Student Scholarship every year in the amount of $500 to a student who will be furthering their education in the field of business (secretarial, office technology, accounting, business, which includes business teacher). Interested candidates should submit the application (available at www.paeop.org), transcripts, a letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or business teacher, listing of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and a short paragraph on why you should be chosen for this scholarship to: Diane Readinger, Pine Grove Area Elementary School, 107 School St., Pine Grove, PA 17963. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2013.
42. IMAGINE AMERICA FOUNDATION- Has scholarships available for certain technical, art, or other two year colleges. www.imagine-american.org Deadline varies for different colleges.
43. HEALTH CAREER CAMP- The Southcentral Pennsylvania Area Health Education Center (AHEC) and Mount Aloysius College are sponsoring an 12th Annual Health Careers Awareness Camp for students entering grades 9-12 for the 2012-2013 school year. The camp will be held on the campus of Mount Aloysius College in July 2013. There will be a fee of $175, which will cover lodging and all meals. Information and applications are available in high school guidance office. Deadline April 28, 2013.
44. RED KNIGHTS INTERNATIONAL FIREFIGHTERS MOTORCLYCLE CLUB SCHOLARSHIP- must be an exemplary student, a high school senior, currently accepted to an accredited post-secondary school and be a current member of a volunteer fire or EMS association. Information can be obtained by visiting www.redknightsmcpa22.com, clicking on the scholarship icon and downlodading the information. Deadline March 27, 2013.
45. STUDENT-VIEW SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM- simply log on to www.student-view.comand complete a 15-20 minute application survey about colleges in your area. The scholarship will be awarded via a random drawing of all completed applications. The scholarship deadline is April 22, 2013.