Dear Sponsor of the School Nutrition Program:
We understand that many School Food Authorities have been receiving calls regarding Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT). Thank you for trying to assist them and for your patience navigating through the numerous questions.
We also understand that SFA's have limited information and can usually only confirm with the parent/guardian if their student is enrolled in the school and eligible for free and reduced meals. Some additional questions include.
- When will they receive their P-EBT benefit?
- Why have they not received any P-EBT benefit?
- Why they only received a partial P-EBT benefit?
Effective today, SFA's may direct parents/guardians to the following online P-EBT Inquiry Form if the parent/guardian believes they should have already received P-EBT benefits at https://www.emergencymealsurvey.com/PA.
The following issuance timeline is also provided on the welcome page of the P-EBT Inquiry Form. SFAs may communicate this timeline to families as well.
- P-EBT benefit issuance for current SNAP and TANF EBT cardholders will be complete by June 8, 2020, if their school-aged child was receiving free or reduced-price meals before May 20, 2020. Current SNAP and TANF EBT Cardholders can check their card balance by calling 1-888-328-7366 or using www.connectebt.com.
- Free and reduced eligible school-aged students that are not SNAP/TANF or those receiving SNAP or TANF that became eligible for free or reduced-price meals after May 20, 2020, while P-EBT cards are being mailed and should be received by the end of June 2020.
We recognize and thank all sponsors for their continued efforts during this pandemic.
Pennsylvania Department of Education
Bureau of Budget and Fiscal Management
Division of Food and Nutrition
333 Market Street | Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
School Nutrition Programs (SNP): RA-NSLP@pa.gov