Whether you are a current employee of the district or a prospective employee, you are in the right place! Our Human Resources page is our hub for communicating with our staff and those interested in a job opening. We will update this page regularly with new employee resources and current job openings, so check back often!
- We are currently accepting applications for an athletics trainer. Full-time, 12-month contracted position available; however, part-time availability considered. NATA certification and/or license by PA required. Salary negotiable. Letters of interest, resume, PA standard teaching application, three reference letters, and current Act 34, 114, and 151 clearances may be sent to the Superintendent's Office, Glendale School District, 1466 Beaver Valley Road, Flinton, PA 16640. Position open until filled.
- We are accepting applications for an Elementary Teacher and two Secondary Special Education Teachers. PDE certification required, additional certifications preferred. Letters of interest, resume, PA standard teaching application, three letters of reference, and current (dated within 1 yr.) Act 34, Act 114 and Act 151 clearances may be sent to the Superintendent’s Office, Glendale School District, 1466 Beaver Valley Road, Flinton, PA 16640. The deadline to apply is June 10, 2020.
Band Front Advisor/Assistant Band Director
- We are accepting letters of interest for two positions: Band Front Advisor; Assistant Band Director. Letters of interest, including qualifications, may be sent to the Superintendent's Office, Glendale School District, 1466 Beaver Valley Road, Flinton, PA 16640. Selected applicants will be required to submit current (dated within 1 yr.) Act 34, 114 and 151 clearances prior to employment. The deadline to apply is June 10, 2020.
- We are currently accepting applications for substitute teachers at a pay rate of $100 per day. PDE certification required. Letter of interest, resume, PA standard teaching application, three letters of reference, transcripts, and current (dated within one year) clearances may be sent to the Superintendent’s Office, Glendale School District, 1466 Beaver Valley Road, Flinton, PA 16640.
As required by federal laws and regulations, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and the U.S. Department of Education, OCR, the Glendale School District recognizes its responsibility to all students and employees and hereby affirms that all educational programs, activities, and employment practices will be handled without discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, or disability.
2014-2015 Title IX Information
The Glendale School District is committed to making sure our students are in a safe environment. We feel that the energy and dedication of our volunteers greatly enhances our students' experiences. In order to maintain the optimal level of safety for our students, as well as to comply with the changes in the state law regarding mandatory background checks, the Glendale School District policy effective April 22, 2015, for all employees, chaperones, and volunteers will be to obtain and submit all three of the clearance checks listed below.
- Act 34 State Police Criminal Record Check:
- At the end of the process, you must click on "Certification Form" in order to pull up the correct form to print.
- Act 151 Child Abuse History Clearance
- Act 114 Federal (FBI) Criminal History Record Check:
- Service Code: 1KG6XN
Mail in forms for the Act 34 and Act 151 clearances are also available in all offices. All chaperones and volunteers will need to update this information every three years. No one is permitted to chaperone or volunteer for the district without these clearances starting on July 1, 2015. Submitted clearances must be dated within the past twelve (12) months. The cost for the clearances is the responsibility of the volunteer. TB tests are only required for volunteers serving in direct contact with students for more than ten hours per week. Once you have received a copy of all three, please bring the original documents to the elementary or high school office for processing. The school district will notify volunteers in writing upon board approval.
We appreciate your cooperation and assistance in meeting Act 153’s requirements. We thank you for your continued efforts to provide a safe, secure, and nurturing environment for our students.
When sending us your application, please make sure all the following items are included:
- Application (Download now!)
- Three Reference Letters
- Letter of interest
- A copy of your PA and/or out- of-state teaching certificate(s)
- College Transcripts