Welcome to our Glendale Education Foundation page. Our hope is to encourage you or your organization to join our Foundation and “Leave a Legacy” as an interested individual, corporate donor, or another charitable organization willing to help our Glendale School District students achieve their highest goals. As an IRS 501(c)(3), non-profit charitable organization, your financial gift is tax-deductible for the applicable tax year. The Glendale Education Foundation is registered with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Charitable Organizations (Certificate #30177), certifying the Foundation is authorized to solicit charitable contributions under the conditions and limitations set forth under the Solicitations of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act, 10 P.S. Section 161.2 et seq.
Our Foundation was incorporated on March 28, 2002, with the mission to generate and manage resources to enhance learning opportunities and reward students and staff of Glendale School District for educational achievement and academic excellence and innovation. Our Foundation will reward that effort in the form of allocations such as scholarships, cash incentives, classroom mini-grants and a myriad of other programs and resources.
There are a variety of ways to contribute to the Glendale Education Foundation. Please review "How to Make a Contribution" information in the sidebar of this page.
Our ultimate goals are to:
- Create and perpetuate community awareness of the needs to enhance the educational opportunities of the students and staff of Glendale School District through planned giving.
- Encourage all former Glendale Alumni to financially support our Foundation through annual gifts, planned gifts by class, scholarships and/or memorials as a way of "giving back" to Glendale school students.
- Create initiatives that support imaginative and creative teachers for excellence and innovation!
These allocation programs outlined below are just some of the programs made possible with funding provided by our Glendale School District Education Foundation:
Academic Letter Program
One 6” gold chenille letter “G” given to any student in grades 9 through 12 who earns the Principal’s Honor Roll level (94% G.P.A.) for three (out of four) nine-week marking periods. Similar to the athletic letter program, these letters have the lamp of knowledge design stitched on them—and small replica gold metallic lamp pins for those who earn this award in repeated years (after their first earned letter).
Challenge Grants for Teachers
Teachers or administrators can write competitive ($500) mini-grants for a creative classroom or school-wide project with their students, which we will evaluate and award as to their uniqueness and educational impact. Up to $10,000 budgeted annually.
Challenge grant applications are available under the Applications/Forms header in the right sidebar of this page.
Elementary School Perfect Attendance Incentives
Awards for the best attendance in grades K-6.
*$550 budgeted annually for these incentive awards.
Enhancing Academic Excellence
Activities the foundation has funded wholly or in-part are:
- Contribute $500 annually to the Glendale Elementary School Positive School Behavior Program.
- Have budgeted $1000 to offer a free SAT Prep Workshop training for Glendale students (grades 10-12).
- As part of the “PA One Book Program”, the foundation budgets $400 annually to purchase free books for Glendale kindergarten and grade one students.
- Award $50 cash annually to the winner of the Elementary Principal's Award winner (*student in grade 6 with highest overall average for all six years).
- The foundation annually awards one ($1,000) Dr. Edward B. Turchick Scholarship to any grade 12 student who has designed and presented an exemplary “community/school-based” project.
- The Foundation annually awards one ($500) Glendale Educational Community Scholarship to a randomly-drawn student who has a minimum 90% GPA who is also accepted to an institute of higher learning.
Viking Achievement Award Program
$150 cash awards given to students in each grade 7, 8, & 9 for the following four categories ($1800 total awarded annually):
- Highest GPA
- Most Improved GPA
- Best Attendance
- Most Community Service Hours
Each of our highly qualified Foundation board of directors and officers can personally assist you with answers to any questions you may have about the foundation. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sherri (Frisco) Campbell
Richard L. Holes
Michelle D. Sawyer
Richard W. Snyder II, executive director of the Glendale Education Foundation, recently retired after a 35-year career at Glendale School District where he served as fine arts department chairman, director of media relations, and in his primary role as the high school visual arts teacher. Mr. Snyder is still very involved in the Glendale community. He also serves as curator and board director of the Coalport Area Museum Commission, trustee of the Glendale Area Public Library, Inc., as well as board director of the Glendale Industrial Development Association.
Mr. Snyder was selected and approved to perform the duties and responsibilities of executive director of the Glendale School District Education Foundation by School Board decree in May 2001. Please contact Mr. Snyder directly, or via your financial advisor, with information on establishing an endowment, a planned gift or charitable trust, creating a scholarship, or memorial donation.
Please contact Richard W. Snyder II when you’re ready to make a charitable gift payable to the Glendale Education Foundation. As all contributions are fully tax-deductible, donations can be made in any monetary form, such as: cash, checks, money orders, etc.
**Please fill out this Glendale Education Foundation Donation Form and mail it in with your contribution**
Thank you for your support!
- AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to choose and support the Glendale School District Education Foundation every time you shop--at no cost to you! The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. Choose your ‘favorite charity’ by typing in: “Glendale School District Education Foundation” when prompted.
- Click on this link to activate the Smile program for the Glendale Education Foundation.