Glendale School District's technology has been rapidly growing over the past eight years. With the direction of our new superintendent, Sean Gildea, as well as Eric Frank, and In-Shore Technologies, the school has acquired new changes such as:
- Novell to Microsoft Migration
- Visualizers and Projectors in every classroom
- A SmartBoard in every classroom
- New teacher notebooks
- New curriculum-based software
- Wireless network upgrade
- 1:1 Chromebook for every student
- Groupwise to Exchange migration
- New AutoCAD software
- AS400 to Prosoft Migration
- And many more!
The current network consists of 18 servers, all connected to a KVM for management. On the network side, each server runs to a Cisco switch that pushes a full 10 gigabit backbone to and from each device on the network. On the security side, we put a new Cisco ASA in place to help control incoming traffic, and a Smoothwall proxy blocks malicious websites and outgoing requests that are not permitted. The school district is also fitted with key fob-controlled entry on the door systems, and a range of 64 cameras that cover the school ground which records 24/7.
Technology Purchase Letter